The Health and Safety Executive in the UK advises that Safety Netting is their ‘preferred method’ of Fall Arrest when Working at Height. Safety Netting has been designed with the intention of ‘protection of the workforce’ and therefore are now installed to prevent injury or fatalities whilst working at height.
All Safety Netting used in the European Community must comply with the BSEN 1263-1 standard. Safety Nets must be manufactured to meet this standard and should have been tested to confirm their compliance, with a Pass Certificate.
HLS will always check the quality and certification of all safety materials.
Safety Netting is used for primary protection on construction sites within the UK and should be erected as close as possible to the working area, ensuring a maximum fall height of 2 meters. Safety Netting is initially installed to protect persons working above the working area and are to arrest the fall. Safety Nets can be installed also to catch falling debris or act as a containment system of debris.
HLS provide, install and maintain all safety netting
The main aim of any Safety Netting is to ‘Reduce Injury’, as they absorb a large percentage of the energy from a falling body. When impacted, the net will take on some form of deformation, which dissipates the energy with minimum rebound. The idea of the safety net is to act as a ‘Collective Protection’ system that is always available for those people working above it, and should require no input from these working people.
Safety nets are manufactured from synthetic materials and should be treated as materials which are subject to wear and tear, degradation, damages, excessive heat (i.e. hot conditions, welding, etc). These problems lead to some strength loss and should be regularly inspected and tested periodically; HLS are able to provide this service.
Why Choose High Level Specialists?
- High Level Specialists use only the highest qualified and most experienced safety netting installation technicians that have installed vast quantities of safety netting on and offshore.
- Accurate reports, risk assessments and action / development plans are provided; these are tailored to each specific client and premises.
- Safety netting can be installed anywhere on your premises and at any height to assist in the safety of the building.
- Our rope access rescue technicians can provide safety system installations and safety rescue cover at any height and within any confined space.
- We own and provide the vast majority of the equipment required; this ensures that all equipment is readily available, in excellent working condition, conforms to all relevant BS EN standards and provides our client with a more economical installation option.
- We can arrange periodic inspections and surveys contractually ensuring that our clients are safe in the knowledge that their safety netting maintains it’s safety and integrity.
- High Level Specialists are accredited with Safe Contractor, CHAS and Construction Line; as well as all rope access technicians being fully IRATA certified ensures that we employ safe systems of work on all projects.
- High Level Specialists are fully insured, £10,000,000 employers liability, £5,000,000 public liability and possess specific insurance for work within high risk confined spaces.
HLS provide the installation and maintenance of Safety Netting throughout the UK; including locations such as Manchester, Newcastle and London.
To discuss our Safety Netting services.
- Confined Space Entry and Rescue
- Safety Rescue Cover
- Work at Height Rescue
- Safety Netting Installations
- Fall Arrest Support
- Safety Support and Consultancy
- Confined Spaces Support and Consultancy
- Eyebolt Installations
- Eyebolt Testing and Certification
Our highly trained and professional IRATA qualified rope access technicians provide Safety Services nationwide and are commited to ensuring the highest standards on all projects.